• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

selling alcohol to a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Iris

Hi
I live in VIrginia, and have a 16 year old daughter, who works a a local supermarket. Last night, evidentally a singoperation was run, the youngest looking checker was picked. To make a long story short, my 16 year old recieved 2 charges for selling cigarettes and alcohol to an underage individual, in other words, she used her judgement and didn't card the person.

I would like to know what the repocussions are of this, what the charge will mean for her, etc. Her courtdate is in July. I am very upset, since she is a new employee there, and I base this on improper training, and lack of experience on her part..
ANy ideas???

X

Xjudge

What is your 16 year old daughter doing even working a register selling tobacco and alcohol? Federal law stipulates that in order to sell tobacco and alcohol, the person must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Your daughter and the store owner could be in for some serious consequenses if federal charges are involved. You need to seek a local attorney for advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">