• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling someone else's property.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmcourtney

California- if I leave my property at a friend's house and they refuse to give it back and are now trying to sell it, how do I go about getting it back?

Proserpina

California- if I leave my property at a friend's house and they refuse to give it back and are now trying to sell it, how do I go about getting it back?

Sue the bad people for either the return of the items or the value thereof.

Out of interest - when did you leave the items at the friend's house?

CdwJava

How long did you leave it there?

Did the resident have a way to contact you?

Why have they refused to give it back?

Depending on the specifics, you might have theft, embezzlement, or no crime at all. You may not even have a cause of action in a civil court.

So, what did you leave behind, when did you leave it, why did you leave it, why won't they give it back, and what do you want in compensation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">