• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Senior as a Victim (harrassment)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gkdanko

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Dad is 70 and likes to hang around the taverns. 22-yr old girl been talking to him regularly. They're good friends and have eaten lunch and dinner together once in a while. Nowadays, she is saying that he is harrassing her and stalking her -- even though I know he's not.

She stood him up a few weeks ago. After the phone call, about 30-minutes later his house almost got robbed. He asked her if she knows anything about it. She's really mad and said she's getting an attorney because he's harrassing her.

Advice?

TinkerBelleLuvr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Dad is 70 and likes to hang around the taverns. 22-yr old girl been talking to him regularly. They're good friends and have eaten lunch and dinner together once in a while. Nowadays, she is saying that he is harrassing her and stalking her -- even though I know he's not.

She stood him up a few weeks ago. After the phone call, about 30-minutes later his house almost got robbed. He asked her if she knows anything about it. She's really mad and said she's getting an attorney because he's harrassing her.

Advice?
Dad leaves 22 yo alone ...

CdwJava

He needs to stop talking to the girl.

Oh, and unless you are with your dad 24/7, you do not know what he is doing or not doing. He may be engaging what he thinks is simple communication, but if she doesn't want him to call her or show up where she is at, then she could see it as harassing or stalking behavior.

Since she is making these accusations, it is time for dad to lose her number and stay away from her.

gkdanko

I think she's pulling his leg by saying she's seeing an attorney. Others have told me she would have to contact the police. Is this true? Dad has not contacted her in 24-hrs. I've told him to stop calling her. He said ok.

Last edited:

CdwJava

I think she's pulling his leg by saying she's seeing an attorney. Others have told me she would have to contact the police. Is this true? Dad has not contacted her in 24-hrs. I've told him to stop calling her. He said ok.
She can speak to a lawyer any time she wants. That does not mean there is anything she could to about it, but she can talk to an attorney for whatever reason she wants.

Yes, for there to be any kind of criminal charges, the police would have to be notified. It is doubtful that she is going to do that unless he keeps talking to her or happens to run into her at her local "tavern" haunts.

Perhaps he should reconsider his "tavern" hopping ways. I have seen this lifestyle turn out rather sadly for a great many seniors.

csi7

I would suggest he join some senior citizen travel group or some activities with seniors that would be more his comfort zone. Check into all local groups and then share the information with him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">