• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sentencing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jade24

My friend was arrested in Illinois. Thirty nine years old, has never been in any trouble. Has held the same job for twelve years and has three children. He is being charged with trying to contact someone to contract murder for hire (his ex-wife). No money changed hands and the person wearing the wire for the police is a felon (using the incident to plead out a charge for herself). So, the police have a tape that they claim is damning evidence. They are trying to force him into a plea (20 years). I do not know if he is guilty or innocent (his atty will not allow him to discuss the case). Assuming the worst, what is the maximum sentence, comparable sentencing throughout the state of Illinois, and will a judge consider his lack of criminal history when sentencing? I should also mention that he is a black man who was married to a white woman for twelve years in a small town. The arresting officers made several comments about their opinion of a black man marrying a white woman. Any input is appreciated. Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">