• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Serious death threat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tech_guy

What is the name of your state?
South Carolina

For three consecutive days I have received "death threats" from a lady friends' ex-male friend.
I now know and realize that he is serious.
And unfortunately I have absolutely no confidence in the local sheriff's office. Our local authorities are incompetent, uneducated and less than compassionate about issues such as mine.
I simply do not feel safe.
Any ideas as to what I might do to stop these threats?
I have already dumped the girl, purchased a handgun, and changed my daily routines.What is the name of your state?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Well, if you don't trust your local law enforcement I suppose all that's left is to hire a bodyguard or move to Georgia. Or both.

outonbail

You were able to purchase a handgun in a three day period?

I hope you've taken the time to learn how to use it efficiently. Although I can't see that being possible in three days.

Have you purchased any body armor? A Kevlar vest might be a nice addition to your wardrobe.

Ever consider getting a dog? At least the dog could give you an advanced warning of an intruder. This way you'd have the time to get the barrel of that gun pointed in the right direction**************

msiron

I'd opt for that Kevlar vest too, and take some personal protection firearm classes and practice, practice and more practice. Tuck & roll, safe points, how to shoot with the less dom hand so i case your dominant hand is shot or injured, hit com from the lying position. Oh ya..... be aware!

Remember, if he attempts to kill you but you get him first, expect at the least a civil suit.

Have you filed a police report yet? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">