• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Serving Alcohol to a minor.. when I wasn't???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jms13027

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I just received a call from a mother of a girl that was at my house that she crashed her car last night and got a dwi Thank god no one was hurt, She is 18. She told the police and her parents she was drinking at my house. SHE WASNT!! I dont' know where she was before of after. She must be covering for someone for some reason. I have two witnesses that were at my house that know I never gave her alcohol. What will happen? I told the mother I did not give her alcohol but she did not believe me and said she was not only going to press charges but call child protective services becasue I have a child and was letting an under age girl drink in my house. I am devastated and don't know what to do. Does anyone know what will happen? I have yet to hear anything. What will happen, and what kind of charges am I facing? Can someone really just lie.. and have blame where they got alcohol on anyone or do they need proof?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I just received a call from a mother of a girl that was at my house that she crashed her car last night and got a dwi Thank god no one was hurt, She is 18. She told the police and her parents she was drinking at my house. SHE WASNT!! I dont' know where she was before of after. She must be covering for someone for some reason. I have two witnesses that were at my house that know I never gave her alcohol. What will happen? I told the mother I did not give her alcohol but she did not believe me and said she was not only going to press charges but call child protective services becasue I have a child and was letting an under age girl drink in my house. I am devastated and don't know what to do. Does anyone know what will happen? I have yet to hear anything. What will happen, and what kind of charges am I facing? Can someone really just lie.. and have blame where they got alcohol on anyone or do they need proof?

**A: you have not provided the complete story. What went on at your house at the time the girl was there?
Was there a party with alcohol, drugs etc?

jms13027

No.. there was no party. I actually was just moving into the house and had a coworker and my fiance there helping me. She is someone that use to babysit my son and wanted to come over and see him and see the new house. We don't do drugs. My fiancee Im sure had a beer while she was here, but it certainly was not a party. We were in the midst of moving chaos!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">