• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sex Offender List

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Karen9960

Florida

My boyfriend is on the Sexual Offender Registration and plans to move in with me. I am wondering what kind of legal effects that will have on me. Do I need to contact my neighbors? Do my neighbors need to know?

He was convicted of Lewd and Lascivious under 16yr, with no sexual contact. I have no children, and there are no children in my home and very few children in my neighborhood.

Please advise.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Titusville, FL

My boyfriend is on the Sexual Offender Registration and plans to move in with me. I am wondering what kind of legal effects that will have on me. Do I need to contact my neighbors? Do my neighbors need to know?

He was convicted of Lewd and Lascivious under 16yr, with no sexual contact. I have no children, and there are no children in my home and very few children in my neighborhood.

Please advise.
My advice would be to find a different boyfriend.

Zigner

Thanks for that advice...nothing on my real questions?
He is the one that needs to deal with any applicable requirements. He needs to know what those requirements are. If he doesn't know, then he needs to ask the entity that is supervising him. You are doing him no favors by trying to do this for him.

FlyingRon

Your address will be flagged as one having a sex offender there which may cause you some consernation. Furhter, if he is still under probation or parole conditions, you may lose some of your rights of privacy if he is residing there. In addition, there may be other restrictions he is under other than the registration requirement.

Just Blue

Florida

Please advise.
Please keep the children of your family away from your BF.

Karen9960

He is the one that needs to deal with any applicable requirements. He needs to know what those requirements are. If he doesn't know, then he needs to ask the entity that is supervising him. You are doing him no favors by trying to do this for him.
Thank you, I agree. I am not inquiring FOR HIM...I am inquiring for myself and how this will effect ME! I know nothing about how this all works and I want to make sure I know what I could face.

Karen9960

Your address will be flagged as one having a sex offender there which may cause you some consernation. Furhter, if he is still under probation or parole conditions, you may lose some of your rights of privacy if he is residing there. In addition, there may be other restrictions he is under other than the registration requirement.
Thank you, this is very helpful. I know what he tells me, but I want to research and know for myself. I do not want to just take his word for how things may affect me in this situation.

Zigner

Thank you, I agree. I am not inquiring FOR HIM...I am inquiring for myself and how this will effect ME! I know nothing about how this all works and I want to make sure I know what I could face.
I'm sorry that I wasn't more clear. There is nothing that you are legally obligated to do simply based on this sub-0human piece of garbage's conviction for child molestation.

Just Blue

No children in the family at all.
Great. Expect that your family will shun you for your choice in boyfriend.
Expect the same from the neighbors. YOU will be perceived as ...off. Parents will warn their children to stay away from you.
I really can't imagine considering living with or even befriending a "person" who would sexually harm a child/teen.

Perhaps you need to seek counseling for your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">