• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sex Offender question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RyanPaul

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

My friend is a registered sex offender and his probation officer is not letting him see his 18 year old girlfriend. Hes 20 and has not been in any trouble since is registration. His girlfriend has a daughter and has never been in any trouble. Is his probation officer violating his rights?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

My friend is a registered sex offender and his probation officer is not letting him see his 18 year old girlfriend. Hes 20 and has not been in any trouble since is registration. His girlfriend has a daughter and has never been in any trouble. Is his probation officer violating his rights?

How old is the child?

What was the offense?

justalayman

I couldn't find it with a quick search but the restrictions I did see are very similar (nearly verbatim) of another state I do know of that certain registrants are not allowed to be involved (such as a dating relationship) with a person that has a minor child. I suspect Missouri has a similar restriction.

If your friend is not a jerk about it, he might ask his PO what law allows him to place such a restriction. I think it might do your friend good to know where to find the restriction applicable to him so he does not accidentally do something he isn't supposed to.

RyanPaul

Thank you very much for the advice :) The child is a minor and we are going to talk to his PO.

Thanks again!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">