• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sex Offenses?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wiccrman

What is the name of your state? GA

My nephew recently was threatened by a guy who is married to a girl my nephew used to date. She is around 20 years old, but my nephew dated her when she was 14 (with her Dad's consent). Although, the girl hasn't accused him, her husband has threatened him with trumped up charges of molestation or statutory rape.

He also says that during a family holiday my nephew was taped dancing with her (and although there is no sexual acts on it, because it was a family home video) my nephew is concerned as to what, if anything, he could be charged with.

I am not a lawyer, but my nephew lives with me.

W

Wiccrman

Hi

I'm not certain, but I think I know he is around his mid-20s now, but he was 17-18 when he was dating the girl.

This is second hand info, though.

B

Boxcarbill

Wiccrman said:
What is the name of your state? GA

My nephew recently was threatened by a guy who is married to a girl my nephew used to date. She is around 20 years old, but my nephew dated her when she was 14 (with her Dad's consent). Although, the girl hasn't accused him, her husband has threatened him with trumped up charges of molestation or statutory rape.

He also says that during a family holiday my nephew was taped dancing with her (and although there is no sexual acts on it, because it was a family home video) my nephew is concerned as to what, if anything, he could be charged with.

I am not a lawyer, but my nephew lives with me.
So do I understand this correctly, the current husband of a twenty year old is threatening your nephew with statutory rape and the evidence for this statutory rape is a video tape of the then 14 year old and your nephew dancing. Without a whole lot more evidence than this, a threat is as far as this is going.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">