• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SamuelB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hello Gentlemen

I hope some lawyer can help me with my case.

I'm 21 years old now, but when i was 7 years old my uncle abused of me. All my life i was afraid to tell anyone about this, but recently i've talked to one of my cousins and he went through the same tragedy i did, with the same person (if you could say he's a person, to me it's an animal)

So.. my cousin is 14 years old now, and he was abused 3 years ago...

We want to initiate a lawsuit againts this S.O.A.B.

The question is, will he be punished the same way like if he had raped us?

He owns a medium size company, so.. we would like to know if a judge will punish him not only by going to jail, but by taking away his money and compesate us.

He's a divorced person and never had kids, probably he did the same atrocities with some other kids, i dont know.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hello Gentlemen

I hope some lawyer can help me with my case.

I'm 21 years old now, but when i was 7 years old my uncle abused of me. All my life i was afraid to tell anyone about this, but recently i've talked to one of my cousins and he went through the same tragedy i did, with the same person (if you could say he's a person, to me it's an animal)

So.. my cousin is 14 years old now, and he was abused 3 years ago...

We want to initiate a lawsuit againts this S.O.A.B.

The question is, will he be punished the same way like if he had raped us?

He owns a medium size company, so.. we would like to know if a judge will punish him not only by going to jail, but by taking away his money and compesate us.

He's a divorced person and never had kids, probably he did the same atrocities with some other kids, i dont know.

Thank you for your time.
i'll ignore the assumption that all lawyers are men on your part.

your cousin is a minor, call CPS RIGHT NOW.

no criminal judge is going to give you money. that would be a civil court with which you have the option of suing the uncle. preferrabley AFTER a criminal conviction.

calatty

Under certain circumstances in many states, the statute of limitations for child molestation crimes is basically nonexistent. If he is prosecuted and convicted, he can be ordered to pay restitution to the victim. The restitution, at least in CA, can be as high as $1 million. Depending on the facts and FL law, you may not be precluded by the statute of limitations from suing him in civil court for a large sum of money as well. Your case in civil court would be more compelling if it followed a criminal prosecution.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">