• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual abuse-statute of limitations-restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jake_mans

i am 24 years old. i was sexually abused by my uncle when i was 11 year old in georgia. i know of at least 5 others who were also sexually assaulted/abused. what is the statute of limitations in georgia for filing a case against him? also, how could i go about getting a restraining order against him? would that restraining order protect me in any state which i travel to? for example, i live in colorado currently, but if i was in georgia and he tried to approach me, would the restraining order from colorado be effective in georgia, as well? if you can help my family, please let me know. thank you.

R

RedneckRoy

Statue of limitations is 7 years in that kind of case. Too late to file any charges. Restraining order will not follow from state to state. So if ya move, get another restraining order

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">