• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual Assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

going_insanse

I am not from the US. I am from Canada but this should be universal.

I have been accused of sexual harrasement by a 15 year old who originally told me their age was 17 (I am 18). The legal age of consent is 14. The police called me in for questioning and I went under the advice of a lawyer. I listened to the story that the accuser gave the police and I corrected that statement with my statement. The police have since determined that it was consentual and that the accusers story was completly false. No charges laid.

Ever since this started I have received a phone call from the accuser's friend telling me that they are going to kill me. My sister has also received phone calls from the accusers friends saying that she is also going to be killed. They are telling my family that I am on drugs which is not accurate.

Today they called the head office of where I work ( A huge corporation ) and asked why I was still working for this company considering what happened.

Is this harrasement? What can I do? This is stressing me out to the point where I am sick. Can I press charges for harrasement?

Thanks.

seniorjudge

Q: Is this harrasement? What can I do? This is stressing me out to the point where I am sick. Can I press charges for harrasement?

A: You need to talk to a Canadian lawyer.

Silverplum

I am not from the US. I am from Canada but this should be universal.

{snip}

Is this harrasement? What can I do? This is stressing me out to the point where I am sick. Can I press charges for harrasement?
Your questions ARE legal questions -- and they must be answered by a CANADIAN attorney or legal advisor.

Sorry we can't help you.

seniorjudge

Q: I guess you guys are right...but in your state could you tell me what could happen?

A: No. That is a hypothetical question, so the answer is, "Just about anything."

Silverplum

Why not seek a consultation with a local attorney? That's the person who could tell you, with some validity, what might happen/not happen.

sunshine12345

You might just have to learn to live with it.
Say nothing or be plain frank about it if confronted "I was accused of something that simply is not true, the case is closed. The person is confused, one has to feel sorry for her/him. There is nothing else I can say. This could happen to anyone."
If you have counter proof, use it carefully and selectively in private (don't do it public or give it out) on a one to one basis, this can prevent rumors from escalating.
Striking back will strike back again at you, think twice before doing that.
Yielding is the way of the Tao.
Read the "Tao Te Ching" and the "I Ching".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">