• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual assualt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jessie01

What is the name of your state? wisconsin

an 18 year old guy slept with a girl who said that she was 17, it turns out that she's 15. the guy gets questioned and police tell him that they'll need his dna. the girl's mother just wants to know who the guy is. waht is really going to happen and what are the consequenses. Can somebody help me figure this one out??
can anyone give me some real legal advice?

Beth3

What's going to happen is that it's quite possible the young man will be charged with statutory rape. He should engage the services of an attorney.

HomeGuru

jessie01 said:
What is the name of your state? wisconsin

an 18 year old guy slept with a girl who said that she was 17, it turns out that she's 15. the guy gets questioned and police tell him that they'll need his dna. the girl's mother just wants to know who the guy is. waht is really going to happen and what are the consequenses. Can somebody help me figure this one out??
can anyone give me some real legal advice?
**A: do you know why the girl's mother just wants to know who this guy is?

To hang him from his %=

J

jessie01

you're probably right..that's why i want to know what's really going to happen

J

jessie01

this sucks because i really liked this guy..and i don't think that it's really fair..because the girl looks old as hell and it was as much her fault as it is his..i don't see how he did anything wrong..if he would have known that she was younger he wouldn't have done it. it would be different if he knew and didn't care..then he would deserve it...

Beth3

What he did wrong was not being sure of the girl's age. Sounds like he didn't know her very well and now he's going to pay a price for having casual sex with someone who amounts to little more than a stranger.

J

jessie01

i know that's ****ed up and i was definately mad at him for that..but i don't think that it's fair that he could be a felon and labeled a sexual predator for this...there are so many guys out there that are so much worse...there are a lot of young girls that look and act much older that hang out with older guys..i don't think that they or the guys know the seriousness of this until it's too late. it's very easy for a gilr to say she's older and get away with it..i know i've done..and though i've never had casual sex with a guy..it's not that uncommon...i think the younger girls ahve to be more responsible and let these guys know...it can ruin their lives. if it's consensual and the girl is saying that she's older...she's not the victim.

Beth3

Except the problem, jessie, is that each State has a law that says an individual under a certain age is INCAPABLE of consenting to a sex act. Hence the term, statutory rape (as opposed to sexual assault.) Because you're all kids, nobody is thinking about the consequences of their actions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">