• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual assualt??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

texirv

A friend of mine's son has been expelled for a week from Highschool here in Dallas Tx for lifting the skirt of a cheerleader in the hallway at school. Can this happen?? The girl has said she will press charges because she has stated she told him before to stop and also smacked his hand away when he did it. It was in the hallway, so there were a lot of witnesses.

I am not one of the "old Boys: when it comes to behaviour such as this, and I do believe girls should be protected from this type of behavior. But pressing charges? Is this really sexual assualt? The clothing was lifted without her consent, but no touching was involved.

I would hate to see the boy's ( he is 16) get his life ruined for something as this.

Does anybody know the laws concerning what will happen to him if he is guilty or pleads guilty to the judge. He has allready been expelled for a week from school.

THanks.

S

slpkntktybby

for the laws you may want to contact the court house or some libraries have law books for the states on subjects like that. as for sexual assault, i believe that some girls take advantage of the "`no touch, no look` rule or they'll press charges" for the simpliest little thing. however, looking at it from her point of view, i think i would have been very embarrassed if my skirt were pulled up, but i would probably find it kinda funny after i smacked whoever did it, and then just let it go. boys will be boys and the things instilled in many young girls' heads is for them to never get on with it and carry it over whoevers shoulders. about her saying that she told him not to do it before and had smacked his hand away, remember it is his word against hers and she may need some validated witnesses to prove she did. and not just friends, like just other students in the hallway at the time.

F

FKNA

It would be more of a "sexual harrassment" case. And yes, he could be charged. Best thing he can do is make nice nice with ther girl, apologize to her, be sincere about letting her know it will NEVER happen again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">