• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual assult of 13 yr old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cathy71

What is the name of your state? VA
My daughter, 13, was sexually assulted by a 15 yr old boy on her bus. He is charged with 3 counts of sexually assult and 1 of indecent exposure. He has admitted his guilt. One other girl has come forward and testified he tried to assult her.

How do I get his family to leave my daughter alone (his sister is harassing my child on bus/at school)? Can I get a restraint to keep him away from her no matter where she may be? Any chance on him paying for her counceling?

stephenk

yes you should immediately get a restraining order against the kid and the rest of his family. speak with the prosecutor who is handling your daughter's case. he may charge the sister with tampering with a witness.

Who do you want to pay for the counseling? your post comes across like you want the 15 year old to pay. How much money do think a 15 year old earns?

you can file a civil suit against the 15 year old and his parents for the assault, especially if there is evidence the parents knew about his behavior and did nothing.

C

Cathy71

StephenK
Thank you for your reply. We are in a rural area. This 15 year old has more then I ever did at 15 (he has a truck, tractor, 4-wheeler). I am left with driving 45 miles one way to a councelor and the expense (which I will gladly do without a second thought for my daughter), I guess I feel as though he should get more then probation and his probation officer advising him to stay away. I want him to know how severe this has affected her. Thanks again for your reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">