• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual assult

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rosebud_1972

What is the name of your state? Illinois
I was sexually assulted. Everyone has handeled the case really crappy. From the police taken my statement in the lobby while other people are walking in and he is answering their questions to messing up the police report. The police officer never even had me write a writen statement. The states attorney was very rude and incasiderat to me. The charges are disordley conduct,assult and battery and criminal sexual abuse. The states attorney told me right when I first met her that we should take a plea of a lesser charge. she also asked me what clothes was i wearing when it happens. I thought that they weren't suppose to ask that. also i thought that the attorneys office is suppose to have someone contact me for support and counseling and stuff like that.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

rosebud_1972 said:
I was sexually assulted. Everyone has handeled the case really crappy. From the police taken my statement in the lobby while other people are walking in and he is answering their questions to messing up the police report. The police officer never even had me write a writen statement. The states attorney was very rude and incasiderat to me. The charges are disordley conduct,assult and battery and criminal sexual abuse. The states attorney told me right when I first met her that we should take a plea of a lesser charge. she also asked me what clothes was i wearing when it happens. I thought that they weren't suppose to ask that. also i thought that the attorneys office is suppose to have someone contact me for support and counseling and stuff like that.

My response:

Thank you for your story. Did you have a legal question for us?

IAAL

R

rosebud_1972

what can i do legally about this matter. i mean is there anything that can be done about the way i have been treated

R

rosebud_1972

the states attorney is wanting me to execpt a lesser plea from the attacker

calatty

It is not up to you, it is up to the DA's office whether they want to offer him a deal for a lesser offense. It is unfortunate you were treated so insensitively by the system. Ultimately all the police and DA care about is getting a conviction. The idea that if you dress in sexy clothes you deserve to get rape still persists. If you need understanding and advice, you should call a rape crisis center or a therapist.

Lewcifer

rosebud_1972 said:
what can i do legally about this matter. i mean is there anything that can be done about the way i have been treated
Yes... there is something you can do about the way you were treated... you can grow up. Sooner or later, you'll learn that in order to command respect, you first have to learn to give respect.

Shay-Pari'e

Lewcifer said:
Yes... there is something you can do about the way you were treated... you can grow up. Sooner or later, you'll learn that in order to command respect, you first have to learn to give respect.
Cut the girl some slack, If we are to believe she was raped, then your comments were out of line.

Please call the hotline, they are experienced , and can give you advice

AHA

Lewcifer said:
Maybe filthy fat @ss men should learn to keep their pathetic manhood in their pants when no woman wants to be anywhere near it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's not the victims of rape that has to be taught to be respectful, it's boys and men that need a f-ing education in understanding rejection!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shove a cucumber up your @ss, then come back here and see if you feel like you deserve verbal abuse for it!!!!!!! You need to grow up yourself!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

calatty said:
The idea that if you dress in sexy clothes you deserve to get rape still persists.

My response:

Then you'd better stay away from me, Calatty. I have "secret thoughts" about you when I imagine you in your tight, deep blue, "Donna Karen" suit, with frilly blouse, a cameo at your neck, two-button suit jacket, and knee- length skirt, with 4 inch stiletto black high heals. Then, you have your hair pulled back so tight in a bun, that your eyes look like you're looking into oncoming headlights, with that perpetual "surprised" look. Youza! All courthouse eyes on CalAtty!

Now, for an attorney, THAT'S sexy!

IAAL

Heather2

rosebud_1972 said:
I'm sorry for the way you were treated. Please call the rape crisis hotline at 1-800-656-4673. Did you go to the hospital to have a rape kit? If not they may have wanted your clothes for evidence. They normally have a social worker assigned to you the night/day it happened to help you with filling out paperwork and moral support. I am surprised no one was assigned to help you. In Texas they have a program for victims that helps pay hospital bills and money to relocate if needed for safety. Check into to that because your state may offer that or something similar.

ENASNI

Yo

IAAL... AHA and Ty-Birdie

Lucifer aka Lewcifer in the hoorah of Jesus not getting resurrected on Sunday has decided to resurrect posts of a sexual nature... then chastising those that actually respond... do a search..

Sorry Jewish friends who are still waiting...no offense... :eek:

Getting his jollies most likely.. Da Judge and JETX are already on to IT

Because... we do not put up with trolls and put them under their respective bridges... I say lets send this one back to Hades..

I suggest do not respond unless it is with a REALLY good one...but do as you must... who am I to hold back :eek:
And Ty-birdie... Hard to deal with but not the right forum... you know ...why expose yourself hmm...

I know I spelled resurrect wrong at least once in this post... but dang is it two ss's or rr's or what?

:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">