• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual Battery

• Thread starter accidentalangel
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

accidentalangel

What is the name of your state? Alabama
State of the crime is Mississippi
OK here is the situation, my neice is a very verbal 3 year old and I picked her up to spend the night with me and I changed her diaper and noticed things did not look right and there was some redding, she just had a hard BM so I was not sure if that might have been the cause so I asked her if anyone has touched her in her coo-coo (thats what she calls it). She said yes my daddy does and I thought well maybe she is talking about him bathing her and changing her so I asked her what does he do and she replied that her daddy "humps" her. So I took her to the doctor and she was checked out. Everything came back normal, they said she was not penetrated but yet they arrested her daddy (my brother). He claims he is innocent but he did sign a confession but he is also saying he was forced into signing the confession, forced meaning he was refussed a blanket, visitors and phone calls, unless he signed it. He has a court appointed attorney but the attorney tells me he is there just to get a bond reduction. I don't know if he is guilty or innocent. I aslo don't know what all is going to happen and what his court appointed attorney is there for if he is not going to try to defend my brothers case. They are holding my brother on his daughters words only, there has been no physical evidence against him. The child also states that the mother knew what was happening but the mother is not in jail.....they say that they cant prove she knew. I am trying to prove his innocents and don't know how or what to do or any of the laws and don't know about the court proceedings, I am lost and need as much help as I can get. Right now I am trying to get my neice in my home cause she is in a group home now. But the only way I can do that is to move to Mississippi. Please help.....any info on my options and the laws would be helpful.
Thanks,

Jeter

First you wrote:

"I changed her diaper and noticed things did not look right and there was some redding...so I asked her if anyone has touched her in her coo-coo (thats what she calls it). She said yes "

Then you wrote:

"there has been no physical evidence against him"

You brought her to the doctor and then he was arrested. Then you wrote:

" I don't know if he is guilty or innocent. "

You followed up with:

" I am trying to prove his innocents"

"any info on my options and the laws would be helpful."

You ARE lost. Please narrow down your jibberish to a relative question and ask it.

dakoto70

I would think

that is you thought she was lying you wouldn't have had it investigated in the first place. You knew something was wrong and being the adult you took action to find out. I am not saying he is guilty or innocent but something told you it didn't look right and just because he is your brother, if he did touch her, he should not be allowed to get away with it.

Think of it this way " how does a three year old know what humping means?" Most children do not lie and I am not sure if at that age that would be capable of making up a story like this.

What has your niece said about "daddy " being taken away and what does mommy say about all of this?

A

accidentalangel

Yes I know I was rattling on, but I don't know what to do or what my legal options are! I do believe that something happened to my neice but I am not sure if my brother molested her or if her grandmother who has been trying to get custody all her life coaxed her into saying all those things. I don't know how my neice is reacting to all of this because her mother was found to be neglagent and her father is in jail so she is in a state home right now and they won't let me see her.
My brother was appointed a lawyer and basically I want to know what it is that the lawyer is legally responsible to do for my brother because the lawyer says he is just there to get my brother a bond reduction......should he not be fighting for my brothers innocents? I am confused! The investigators are doing nothing in this case ....all the investigating has been done by me and the only evidence in this case is what I have turned into the investigator.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">