• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual Conduct in Minnesota

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joewii

in the state of Minnesota

I've been reading S609.342-3451 and I have been wondering if it is legal for a 18 year old to have sex with a 16 year old?

Keep it in your pants Romeo. Even if statutory rape is off the table (didn't take the time to look up age of consent laws in your state... do you know how to use google?), there are a host of other charges that can be brought against you.

First question, what do the parents of the 16 year old say?

I'm sure they're all for him deflowering their daughter/son and his only concern is the legality of the matter :rolleyes: I should have thought to pose that question myself :eek: Thanks for the assist jeff!

joewii

Its not a personal issue, it's just a question that I've been thinking of for awile.

me and a few of my friends have been wondering the legal side of it.

I have looked up some laws that inclued S609.342 though S609.345

Last edited:

proud_parent

Its not a personal issue, it's just a question that I've been thinking of for awile.

me and a few of my friends have been wondering the legal side of it.

I have looked up some laws that inclued S609.342 though S609.345
You and your friends just 'happened' to be wondering about Minnesota statutes for criminal sexual conduct? :rolleyes:

Don't you have more innocuous ways to pass the time? Watch a ball game, maybe? The Twins just went a half game up on the White Sox for cripes sake.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">