• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual harassment in our schools

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angel199

What is the name of your state? delaware

i have a 13 year old daughter in middle school and she has been sexually harassed by boys also attending her school. the school administrators and school officer have said their hands are tied with out having an adult witness this crime againt our daughters. the only action taken is to give the boys an in school suspension. does this mean the female victims of this crime are yet victimized again by our schools and our countries laws? whats rights do i have as a parent in persuing this matter with legal action and what are the rights of my daughter and the other young ladies being harassed in our schools?

stephenk

consult with an attorney and lay out all the confirmed facts you have in support of the harrassment against your daughter. the attorney may get a restraining order against the boy/s, demand the boy/s be transferred, or possibly discuss suit against the school and the school district.

have you been submitting written complaints to the school? Have you had a sit down meeting with your daughter's teacher, principal, school administrators?

A

angel199

yes, i have sat down with teachers, the principal, the asst. principal and the school officer, and i also went to our towns police department and was told what ever the school officer decided to do they would back up. i was told at the police station that they would not step on the school officers toes.

HomeGuru

Writer, the boys were suspended, what else do you want done?
Did the harassment continue even after the suspension?

A

angel199

i am planning to go on national tv and see if i can get some coverage and make other parents and our community aware of this problem. some think i am oerreacting but i feel i have to go the distance in the name of my child and others. her safety and well being are my motivations.

A

angel199

home guru,
that was an in school suspension which means they were made for one day to stay in a seperate classroom with each other. what i want is for the boys to be arrested and charged for the crime they have committed. i want the boys out of the school away from my daughter and all the other girls who are having to deal with this issue every day they attend this school. this is supposed to be against the law so why isnt this law being inforced in our schools? should the have to continue to endure this conduct and crime against them? what? and maybe the next time a child will be raped or murdered because no one cared enough to put a stop to it

AmosMoses

I did not realize that sexual harassment was a crime. I thought it was just a civil wrong in the workplace, etc. Now, I'm not talking about threats, etc., I am talking about sexual harassment, and I really had no idea it was a crime. I guess you learn something new every day!

Last edited:
A

angel199

amos,
yes sexual harassment is a crime. but it goes unpunished so many times. your not alone in thinking the way you do, alot of people do not see it as a crime or they are just not aware. in my opinion, i see this as something more serious to come. like any other small crime that goes unpunished, it leads to a much bigger assault later. im just not willing to leave this alone because my daughter fears for her safety and i also fear for her. if the law and the schools cant protect our children then the parents are the only ones left to do everything in our power to assure our childrens safety and well being. im looking for anyones advice and/or opinion on this matter. i also want to make people more aware of just how often this crime occurs and goes unpunished.
thank you for your comments. please keep them coming and i will respond as to everyone.

HomeGuru

Please list each and every action and/or statement made by the boys that consituted such harassment against your daughter.

A

angel199

home guru,
the boys are grabbing my daughters breast and her rear-end they get behind her going up the stairs to run their hands up her croch. they make comments to her like-----damn!!!! you have a phat ass and big ass tits. she is continuously asked to perform oral sex on them in school. i have had calls made to my house threatening my family and my daughter with violence and messages have been left telling my daughter she will be made to perform oral sex on the boys the following day in school. to me this behavior constitutes sexual harassment. does anyone dispute this? i sure hope not.

AmosMoses

That's NOT what I call sexual harassment!

Hell, that's definitely a criminal act, worthy of an ass-whuppin' at the very least and a trip to the big house at worst! I don't know what that's called (maybe sexual battery?), but that's not what I call sexual harassment! Why not invest a few bucks in a video/audio camera from X10? I don't know exactly what it would take to make audio/video legally admissable, BUT at least you could use it to replay to these "kids" while you are beating the sh*& out of them! No, but seriously, you may well be able to find some way to have it admitted as evidence...likely fairly easily. Ask a lawyer.

Son of Slam

angel199 said:
home guru,
the boys are grabbing my daughters breast and her rear-end they get behind her going up the stairs to run their hands up her croch. they make comments to her like-----damn!!!! you have a phat ass and big ass tits. she is continuously asked to perform oral sex on them in school. i have had calls made to my house threatening my family and my daughter with violence and messages have been left telling my daughter she will be made to perform oral sex on the boys the following day in school. to me this behavior constitutes sexual harassment. does anyone dispute this? i sure hope not.
This goes way beyond harassment, getting into assault, battery, and terrorism. Get witnesses and press charges.

M

mobopp

damn!!!! you have a phat ass and big ass tits.

I would venture a guess they guys who are sayin this are not white,..... gee what kind of great language skillzzz they are learning from listening to all that great rap N hippity hoppity music ...huh?

A

angel199

amos,
thank you for your reply, i am definately gonna speak with a lawyer to see what this crime actually is. i believe it started out as sexual harassment and has transpired into much more. like i mentioned before when someone commits smaller crimes and it goes unpunished, what usually happens? they commit bigger acts.

A

angel199

mobopp,
let me start by saying you are correct in the fact that these boys are not white. i hope this doesnt turn into a racial issue or my daughter and i will surely lose this battle. and let me state that if the boys were white, i would still be persueing this just as hard. im sure that when all this gets out, that some will decide to pull that good old racial card because the victims are white young ladies and the criminals in this case are all black. and i do agree with you that this rap and hip hop music is definately a factor. the same language and behavior in the videos are exactly whats being said and done in the schools today. its time the parents get more involved in what our children are doing in school because in my opinion instead of school being a place for education, for some has become thug party where there are no consequences to their actions, language, and/or behavior.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">