• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexually assaulted in NYC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

survivorinnyc

Two weeks ago I was sexually assaulted by a "friend". I never had anything more than friendship with this person and he knew I had no interest. The assault occured at my house. He threated my life so I submitted, not consented. He was intoxicated and could "perform", but made me give him oral sex and did the same to me. He was very forceful and said he would kill me. I did what I had to to survive therefore did not have any visible markings.I bit him, but I was told by the detective that that didn't prove anything, it could just be "rough sex". It has been two weeks and the police have never been face to face with him, so I don't even know if he still has a mark. I did go to the hospital but since he did not ejaculate, there was no evidence. I pressed charges but have been told by the detective that i don't really have a case... no evidence. My "friend" was not aware I had pressed charges at this time, and left a note on my door saying he was sorry and he is not the way I saw him that night. When he became aware of the charges he told the detective he was getting an attorney. He got one and told the detective he would turn himself in for questioning on Thursday. But he never did and he dropped his attorney. The detective told me he will arrest him at work tomorrow since he is not cooperating. But basically I was told the case would most likely be dropped. I want to know what my legal rights are. How can he get away with threatening my life and forcing sexual acts? And if the case is dropped, is there anything more I can do? I really need help if anyone knows anything on the topic.
Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">