• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

she opend my mail and took my checks(30)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

long2534

i live in Ga and i recently graduated from high school when i did everyone mailed me checks inside of cards for congratulations and all that but i was kicked out of my house and living on my own, my mother and father opened all of these letters addressed soley to me and removed all of the checks ( im postive they were there because of emty check holders and a few had written how much they were giving) my parents explained they did not want me to say anything to thier friends about what had been going on at home and they would trade the checks for my thank you letters so they could read them before sending. i was legally an adult months before this happend and they opened around 30 letters addressed only to me, what can i do? ive heard it was a decently bad offense to tamper with the mail could the postmaster do anything about this?

BadJudgement

That's pretty messed up. The mail may be going to their home but it is addressed to you. Threaten them with legal action if they do not give the checks to you. If they refuse, talk to a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">