• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She's 15 and im 17 does nyone know the statutory rape laws of illinois?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scooterpooter

What is the name of your state? illinois

My girl friend is 15 and her b-day is june 3rd 1988, my b-day is january 15 1986. Her mom said that she was gonna get me in trouble because i was to old for her but we only have like 30 months difference. does anybody know what the law in illinois is? Please help me

HomeGuru

scooterpooter said:
What is the name of your state? illinois

My girl friend is 15 and her b-day is june 3rd 1988, my b-day is january 15 1986. Her mom said that she was gonna get me in trouble because i was to old for her but we only have like 30 months difference. does anybody know what the law in illinois is? Please help me
**A: her Mom is correct.

gobonas99

Age of consent in Illinois is 17, so yes, until your girlfriend is 17, her mother can press charges. See exerpts below:

Illinois Compiled Statutes
720 ILCS 5
Section 12

For the purposes of Sections 12-13 through 12-18 of this Code, the terms used in these Sections shall have the following meanings ascribed to them:
(b) "Bodily harm" means physical harm, and includes, but is not limited to, sexually transmitted disease, pregnancy and impotence.
(e) "Sexual conduct" means any intentional or knowing touching or fondling by the victim or the accused, either directly or through clothing, of the sex organs, anus or breast of the victim or the accused, or any part of the body of a child under 13 years of age, for the purpose of sexual gratification or arousal of the victim or the accused.
(f) "Sexual penetration" means any contact, however slight, between the sex organ or anus of one person by an object, the sex organ, mouth or anus of another person, or any intrusion, however slight, of any part of the body of one person or of any animal or object into the sex organ or anus of another person, including but not limited to cunnilingus, fellatio or anal penetration. Evidence of emission of semen is not required to prove sexual penetration.

Sec. 12-13. Criminal Sexual Assault

(a) The accused commits criminal sexual assault if he or she:
(4) commits an act of sexual penetration with a victim who was at least 13 years of age but under 18 years of age when the act was committed and the accused was 17 years of age or over and held a position of trust, authority or supervision in relation to the victim.

Sec. 12-15. Criminal sexual abuse

(c) The accused commits criminal sexual abuse if he or she commits an act of sexual penetration or sexual conduct with a victim who was at least 13 years of age but under 17 years of age and the accused was less than 5 years older than the victim.

See http://www.legis.state.il.us/legislation/ilcs/ch720/ch720act5articles/ch720act5artstoc.htm for full text of Statute.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">