• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shooting victim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MJEccher

I'm from northern Colorado. I was shot in the head while driving my car on a state highway. The case hasn't developed yet, but i'm looking for advice. Should I just let the DA take care of all this or should I get a lawyer and sue the person??

HomeGuru

MJEccher said:
I'm from northern Colorado. I was shot in the head while driving my car on a state highway. The case hasn't developed yet, but i'm looking for advice. Should I just let the DA take care of all this or should I get a lawyer and sue the person??

**A: do you know who the person is? Aquaintance of yours?

M

MJEccher

I know now because of the investigation. Theres a story to it all but I don't wanna post it because of the size. I can if you think I should post it. This person said he did shoot the gun but only as warning shots, my car was shot in drivers window and back window, both shots fired at me when I was going 60mph past his house.

M

MJEccher

I know now because of the investigation. Theres a story to it all but I don't wanna post it because of the size. I can if you think I should post it. This person said he did shoot the gun but only as warning shots, my car was shot in drivers window and back window, both shots fired at me when I was going 60mph past his house.

Z

zappy

Sounds like you did something so incredibly stupid and got someone so angry, they had to shoot at you....right?

H

hmmbrdzz

MJEccher said:

Question: Did you crash after being shot in the head ?

hmmbrdzz

M

MJEccher

Incredibly stupid. That would sound like a reasonable reason right. Well not the story with this case. I was antagonized at first, so I came to the house, someone was shooting a laser pointer in my eye while I was driving so I came to the house asking what the hell was going on? And they decided to run inside and get the gun. So I left and returned later that week to find out why they pulled a gun on me. Only on my civilized return, yes I inteded only to work things out and find out why they were so violent in the first place. Well upon seeing my car they freaked and chased after me. So I left and as I passed their house again to go home. They were waiting for me, one of them threw a chair in the road at my car, I did nothing and when I passed by this last time, the other person shot at my car twice, hitting me in the head with the first shot.

M

MJEccher

Question: Did you crash after being shot in the head ?

No at the time I didn't even know I was shot, I thought the impact from the chair or table that the woman threw in the road hit my window and cut me.

H

hmmbrdzz

MJEccher said:
Incredibly stupid. That would sound like a reasonable reason right. Well not the story with this case. I was antagonized at first, so I came to the house, someone was shooting a laser pointer in my eye while I was driving so I came to the house asking what the hell was going on? And they decided to run inside and get the gun. So I left and returned later that week to find out why they pulled a gun on me. Only on my civilized return, yes I inteded only to work things out and find out why they were so violent in the first place. Well upon seeing my car they freaked and chased after me. So I left and as I passed their house again to go home. They were waiting for me, one of them threw a chair in the road at my car, I did nothing and when I passed by this last time, the other person shot at my car twice, hitting me in the head with the first shot.
My response: Was anyone charged? If this person with the shotgun (or with whatever weapon they shot in your direction) felt threatened by you because you kept returning to the property (and that's what it sounds like), you probably need to look at your own judgment to have returned to the scene where you had already been antagonized; where lazers were beaming in your eyes; and where a gun had already been pulled on you. And the way you started this story out in your first post ? ? "you were on the highway", as if you were an innocent bystander. (Don't you think you left out some important footnotes on that first post?)

My advice: With the one's you're running with -- stay away from those who get angry at you before you get killed.

hmmbrdzz

M

MJEccher

The kid is in jail right now. He hasn't been charged yet I think the investigator said he will get charged with assualt. I'm just worried about the broken glass and hospital bills. Yeah I left some things out but didn't think they were important at the time.

H

hmmbrdzz

MJEccher said:
The kid is in jail right now. He hasn't been charged yet I think the investigator said he will get charged with assualt. I'm just worried about the broken glass and hospital bills. Yeah I left some things out but didn't think they were important at the time.
My response: Assault? That's a pretty flimsy charge for shooting someone in the head.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">