• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shoplifting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JJoansay

What is the name of your state? Virginia
I was stopped outside the store after entering my vehicle and asked if I needed help. I said no and she asked for the receipt, I told her I was in a hurry and close the door and drove off.
I called the store to find out way I was questioned and they told me I needed to come back with the receipt. I added up the cost of the groceries which came to 96.40, I wrote a note telling them I couldn't find the receipt and put it in an envelpe with 100. and gave it to a worker of the store outside the store and asked him to give it to the manager. They know me very well and know where I live. What can they do to me now?:confused:

J

JJoansay

JJoansay said:
I was stopped outside the store after entering my vehicle and asked if I needed help. I said no and she asked for the receipt, I told her I was in a hurry and close the door and drove off.
I called the store to find out way I was questioned and they told me I needed to come back with the receipt. I added up the cost of the groceries which came to 96.40, I wrote a note telling them I couldn't find the receipt and put it in an envelpe with 100. and gave it to a worker of the store outside the store and asked him to give it to the manager. They know me very well and know where I live. What can they do to me now?:confused:

J

JJoansay

JJoansay said:

stephenk

i guess from your post that you are admitting to stealing the groceries, right?

they can still file charges against you for shoplifting. the fact that you paid them after the fact doesnt get you off the hook.

Plus, you know you can never shop there again, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">