• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shoplifting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon001

Refers to the state of Florida:

I made a horrible mistake and got caught by a LP agent shoplifting $39 worth of clothes from Macy's, Miami. I was questioned in a room and given a couple documents to sign then an on site police officer only issued to me a Compliant/Arrest Affidavit. No court date was written. I paid a $200 civil demand fee in store. This was my first and last offense of this type. What happens next? Will I have to go to court? What additional fees may there be? Will this appear on my record and if so, can it be removed? I am scared and confused as to what to do, I literally have no experience with this and need some guidance. Thanks for your help! :)

Antigone*

Refers to the state of Florida:

I made a horrible mistake and got caught by a LP agent shoplifting $39 worth of clothes from Macy's, Miami. I was questioned in a room and given a couple documents to sign then an on site police officer only issued to me a Compliant/Arrest Affidavit. No court date was written. I paid a $200 civil demand fee in store. This was my first and last offense of this type. What happens next? Will I have to go to court? What additional fees may there be? Will this appear on my record and if so, can it be removed? I am scared and confused as to what to do, I literally have no experience with this and need some guidance. Thanks for your help! :)
You're in trouble ~ Yes ~ Big Ones ~ Yes and probably not.:cool:

Guidance ~ don't steal again:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">