• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shoplifting charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JokersAce

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona,

Well it all happened on october 13th of this year i was with my girlfriend at walmart and she decided to shoplift i did not actually see her do any of this. At one point she was facing me and showed me what she had taken, i asked her to put the items back she said no i. I kept asking until finally she said ok, she had turned around and acted like she had put the items back in the case (2 video games) so then she took the cases and placed them back on the shelf. I told her i was leaving and while walking out she had followed me and we were stopped by the lost prevention employees.

I did not have any stolen items at all in my pockets or on me whatsoever. They said i was a "look-out" which is complete utter B.S. What is going to happen? I think the cost was $65 i know it was under $100 but more then $25 each game was $20 and she had some cosmetics. I'm 20 years old and innocence but i believe the way i told the cops what happened affected my innocence. Please help! I'm not a thief! A.R.S. 13-1805 will i go to jail? What ammount of money will they try to squeeze out of me?

Last edited:

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona,

Well it all happened on october 13th of this year i was with my girlfriend at walmart and she decided to shoplift i did not actually see her do any of this. At one point she was facing me and showed me what she had taken, i asked her to put the items back she said no i. I kept asking until finally she said ok, she had turned around and acted like she had put the items back in the case (2 video games) so then she took the cases and placed them back on the shelf. I told her i was leaving and while walking out she had followed me and we were stopped by the lost prevention employees.

I did not have any stolen items at all in my pockets or on me whatsoever. They said i was a "look-out" which is complete utter B.S. What is going to happen? I think the cost was $65 i know it was under $100 but more then $25 each game was $20 and she had some cosmetics. I'm 20 years old and innocence but i believe the way i told the cops what happened affected my innocence. Please help! I'm not a thief! A.R.S. 13-1805
Get an attorney and get a new girlfriend.

Be prepared to pay a civil demand. That civil demand will be at least a few hundred dollars in addition to whatever criminal penalties that can be assessed if you are found guilty.

vfielder

This is why if you know someone your with has sticky fingers in a store...Get the heck away from them. They got you for being a accomplice. With luck and no prior record you could possibly get this down to a disorderly conduct.
Get a attorney and becareful who you walk into a store with.
No I don't see any jail time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">