• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shoplifting NJ - Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sank

What is the name of your state? NJ

My friend was recently caught for shoplifting at a store by the store's security people. They took the item back and took the Lic#, and asked him to sign a form (Item was worth $10). (no police was called)

He is very remorsefull for the silly mistake he made and promise to not do this ever in his life again.

Store person told him that they are not prosecuting him, but he should not shop at this store again.

Also, (he is not sure) but he thinks that the security guy took the old address from the lic., not the one at the back (he moved about 2 yrs, so mail may not be forwarded, if any send). He did not give his SSN.

He is so shaken that he do not remember what all was on the form they got him signed.

Should he call the store back or an attorney can help...

Also, will this be reflected in any way in his records or can impact his job.

Please help / respond.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sank said:
What is the name of your state? NJ

My friend was recently caught for shoplifting at a store by the store's security people. They took the item back and took the Lic#, and asked him to sign a form (Item was worth $10). (no police was called)

He is very remorsefull for the silly mistake he made and promise to not do this ever in his life again.

Store person told him that they are not prosecuting him, but he should not shop at this store again.

Also, (he is not sure) but he thinks that the security guy took the old address from the lic., not the one at the back (he moved about 2 yrs, so mail may not be forwarded, if any send). He did not give his SSN.

He is so shaken that he do not remember what all was on the form they got him signed.

Should he call the store back or an attorney can help...

Also, will this be reflected in any way in his records or can impact his job.

Please help / respond.

My response:

Criminals don't come to these forums unless they have some sort of mental, physical or emotional problem - - including drug problems - - that they are relying on for a defense to their criminal behaviour. So, what is your friend's disability du jour?

IAAL

sank

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Criminals don't come to these forums unless they have some sort of mental, physical or emotional problem - - including drug problems - - that they are relying on for a defense to their criminal behaviour. So, what is your friend's disability du jour?

IAAL
Sir,

Any helpfull response is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">