• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shoplifting record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Silvermouse

I have a question... Eight years ago I was conficted of shoplifting in New Mexico. I know it was a stupid thing to do, and I definitely learned my lesson. Now I'm just starting a wonderful job that I don't want to jeopardize. However, I needed to get fingerprinted for this job. Will my confiction show up or do only major felonies appear? I have never been fingerprinted before so I don't know what kinds of records it pulls up. Someone said that fingerprinting pulls up FBI files. I don't even know if shoplifting is a felony or a misdemeanor. Should I worry about this? Please any advice would be appreciated.

HomeGuru

Silvermouse said:
I have a question... Eight years ago I was conficted of shoplifting in New Mexico. I know it was a stupid thing to do, and I definitely learned my lesson. Now I'm just starting a wonderful job that I don't want to jeopardize. However, I needed to get fingerprinted for this job. Will my confiction show up or do only major felonies appear? I have never been fingerprinted before so I don't know what kinds of records it pulls up. Someone said that fingerprinting pulls up FBI files. I don't even know if shoplifting is a felony or a misdemeanor. Should I worry about this? Please any advice would be appreciated.
My response: it was a good thing you were in New Mexico and not Old Mexico.
You need to contact the dept. that you were fingerprinted in as local police and FBI files are different from reach other.
Also you should have been convicted not conflicted. Shoplifting could be a felony depending on the value of goods.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">