• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shoplifting,rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rune_alexander

What is the name of your state? indiana

I have a serrious complaint and would like to know what i should do. For starters I shoplifted from marsh, I didnt even get out of the store with it when they came and got me and brought me to a room. In that room i had to feel out some papers. When i was done the co manager came up and asked for my id. I did not have one on me so they asked who i was with, i told them my fiance so the co manager went down to talk to her. Well when he came back up he said practicly in my face that she was a bitch, and kept insulting her coninuesly. Then he went back down and told her that i was goin to be taken to jail. When he came back up he told me that hes glad he made that ****in bitch cry and that he told my beaner son (which he is not my son) by telling my fiance loudly where every one could hear him. When the cop came to get me he put the cuffs on so tight that i bruised all around my rist, and he called me a retard, and insulted me because i was from california. I got a class D felony for taking 3 cans of antchovies from marsh valued at 6 dollars. I really am getting a kick out of this, my attourney told me that this probably wouldnt hold in court and that if anything ill get probation. What i want to know is if the way i was treated by the cop and marshes co manager violated my rights. My attourney said it did but i shouldnt try to sue for it will just extend my trial.

what do you guys here think. Please im asking nicely no insults or smart remarks. I know what i did was wrong but so was the way i was treated.

Good day to you all:)

Last edited:

Z

zappy

You got what you deserved.....

You were Embarassed in public and Shamed in front of your son.

I like it....I would have done the same.

What a great role model for your son..HUH?

R

rune_alexander

zappy your the type that is for injustice and i feel that you dont need to be here all you do is diss others, i am goin to complain to the host of this site about you, so i sugguest you stop, and no i wasnt hummilated if from anyone.

stephenk

what rights do you think were violated? remember, being talked to rudely is not a violation of anyone's rights.

Plus calling you a retard may be the truth and therefore not slander. 3 cans of anchovies? one for you, one for your "fiance" and for her kid. you are such a generous person.

HomeGuru

Was pizza on the menu?

Next time go for the chocolate covered antchovies, they are worth more than 6 bucks.

Last edited:
R

rune_alexander

for starters marsh has agreed to fire the guy that said what he said and next discrimnation it is wrong to call someone a beaner just because they are mexican its like calling a black guy a ******. so i am not going to sit around and let racist *******s get away. And i dont know why you think he is my son he is my stepbrother i put in quotes that he is not my son. And thanks for the reply you have been the nicest person ive seen on here so far!

L

loocpoc

Sorry but your rights were not violated. You are a CRIMINAL. You need to pay your fine or due your jail time. Move on with your life. I doubt Marsh's will do anything to the manager.

R

rune_alexander

so what are you saying discrimination is right, well i got news for you it is wrong and it is illegal. you have no idea what you are talking about do you? Whats your occupation?

stephenk

calling you a name is not discrimination, especially since you were in custody for a crime. Again what constitutional rights were violated? do you honestly believe any jury would give a shoplifter any money because he was called a beaner or a retard?

now if the store manager had told you (before you shoplifted) that you could not shop at the store because you are a beaner or retard, THEN you would have a discrimination cause of action.

your sense of indignation is misplaced. you stole and the manager called you a name. so what!

R

rune_alexander

this is what you are not getting, i was not called a beaner it was my brother inlaw who might i add is only seven, and that will hold i have an atourney that is willing to press charges against marsh if the co manager is not fired and marsh has replied saying that it will be taken care of. So you seem to not understand, also it is wrong to discriminate against any one and call anyone any name. he is an employee and that is all that matters. are you a lawyer?

well just to tell you also he called my girl a bitch who had no role in this at all either so i am not goin to set around and watch. and yes look at ojs trial and look at the girl that sued mc donalds and tell me that this wont stand!

Last edited:
Z

zappy

"you beaner retard and bitttch......." sticks and stones can beak my bones but names will never hurt me...

Hmmmmm why havent you learned this before?

.... I would agree with you to sue marsh's if you werent caught shoplifing.

DUH DUH DUH!

stephenk

okay okay you convinced me. Too bad I'm not licensed to practice law in Indiana. I would make millions with your case. Then you could afford all the anchovies you want!

damn all the good cases are in Indiana.

L

loocpoc

rune_alexander said:
so what are you saying discrimination is right, well i got news for you it is wrong and it is illegal. you have no idea what you are talking about do you? Whats your occupation?

Ummm Iam a FEDERAL law enforcement officer, so I tend to know what Iam talking about especially since I travel the midwest (down to Indiana particularly the BLOOMINGTON area). How is being called a beaner illegal? Sorry but you need to stop whining and pay your fine or do the time.

R

rune_alexander

it is illegal and the only reasion i have the right to sue is due to the discrimination and the fact that the coment was not toward me but my 7 year old brother in law. I have an attourney and we will press charges against marsh. And as for the pay you fine or do your time lol my charges have been dropped thank you.

And the only thing that is goin to even happen from what i understand is marsh is going to send me a 200 fine!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">