• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should i press charges?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kegan88

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

Last night I was sitting at home, minding my own buisness when a friend called up and said one of his friends was going to get into a fight and he wanted to be there to make sure it was fair. My friend doesn't have a car or anything and i figure his friend is probably somebody i know so i pick him up and meet this kid, we were sitting there when i decide, ya know what somethings not right, i dont feel good about this, started up my car and drove off. as i'm driving off i hear crashes and yelling so i stop the car and hop out and look back to see whats going on. The kid had called his buddies, and they had jumped out of the woods and smashed his car, he sped off and now they were running at me, three of them got to me and i couldn't do anything, they start pushing me, one of them grabbed me while one hit me in the back of the head, they must of hit me about 3 or 4 times and then one of them hit me in the back with a baseball bat. I took it all, got in my car and drove off, i've lost fights before its all part of growing up, except this wasn't my fight and i didn't really do anything to warrent that, whatever, but they felt the need to kick about 3 large dents in my mothers car and and break out her tail light. Well my friends friend was livid and flipping out, i was pretty mad to but he got about 8 cars of people there all like "yeah lets go lets go get em" and some kids i know hopped in my car with a baseball bat and a rock and thier like lets go. At this point I SHOULD OF told them no, or told them to get that stuff out of my car, or something along those lines, but, i didn't, my life story. Well i started following someone not really sure what was going on cuz my head was killing me, and sure eneough we got pulled over.Annonomys 911 call they knew what was up. well i was asked if there were any drugs in the car and i said no, he said do you mind if i look and i said no, well they found the bat and the rock and bassicly told me to tell him the whole story, i told him what happened and he told me to go to the station if i wanted to file a compliant.i passed one of the officers and asked him if i should go in the morning
and he said i should go at night, but then he said and i quote. "Alex ***** and maxamilion are the biggest peices of **** in this town and if you had snapped there necks i wouldn't have any personal problem with that, so if you go an file a complaint you will be doing us all, even us cops, a favor." so i went to the station at night and i was told that even though they messed up my car and hit me in the back of the head and in the back with a bat, if i pressed charges it would come back to me having a bat and rocks in the car and i could get charged with "intention to commit assault" he took pictures of my back and head and said he would give me until tuesday to think it over and decide what i want to do and i really dont know what the hell to do.personally, i dont want to let them get away with lumping me up and smashing my car, but i also dont want to get charged with intent to commit assault because some kid brought a bat into my car.

Last edited:

JETX

Thank you for exhibiting your stupidity on the internet. However, since this IS a legal advice forum, it would have been really nice if you had at least ASKED a legal question in their somewhere.

CdwJava

And I am sure the other guys will have an equally comeplling tale of how you were helping your friend with the intent to jump their friend who was supposed to be involved ina fair fight.

It will ultimately come down to your word against the other's and it will likely be a wash where no one is prosecuted ... to paraphrase my county's D.A. in these matters:

"One group of liars lying about another group of liars ... matter settled by street justice. No charges."

- Carl

kegan88

Ugh, yeah, looks like i'm boned, alright thanks for replying, cant say i didn't learn a lesson though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">