• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I take this deal? I dony want to (plea bargain)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xyzchris

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? louisiana

I was charged with felony battery over an incident that occurred on the premesis of a business I was managing. Long story short, a guy pulled me from my office (we were at door threshold) and we ended up on the ground. I hit him 3 times.

I have a video. The DA has the video. It shows all this.

The facts are: he laid hands on me first while I was inside the building. he removed me by pulling me outside. I threw a soft drink in his face and we fell to ground, I hit him three times with forearm. He had a goose egg on his head, no blood or broken anything. He refused med treatment at scene.

I have hired what, for me, was an expensive lawyer (close to ten thousand dollars) and the best I am getting is an offer of 8 years suspended five probation.

My lawyer seems to think I have ZERO chance of winning if I dont plea.

I had a drug charge 16 years ago....no background of this type stuff. (fighting, etc)

whats up, should I hold out ???

I'd fire the lawyer but can't afford to roll the dice again.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
No one here is going to second guess an experienced attorney who is familiar with operating in that court.

Consult with another attorney and see what that attorney says. Then you can think about getting different legal counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">