• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should i turn myself in?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ineedhelp10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WV
There has been $12,000 embezzled and I haven't been caught, but I can't take it anymore. The guilt is too much for me. What should I do. I have begun to pay it back, but I have a LONG ways to go. Should I turn myself in and if I do would that help me out any? I need help please!!!

Last edited:

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WV
There has been $12,000 embezzled and I haven't been caught, but I can't take it anymore. The guilt is too much for me. What should I do. I have begun to pay it back, but I have a LONG ways to go. Should I turn myself in and if I do would that help me out any? I need help please!!!
You need to speak to an attorney before saying anything to anyone.

I agree with AOG, you have the right to remain silent-USE IT. Better is to go to your confessor if your conscience is troubled. An attorney to make your legal issues to go away.

dave33

Perhaps you would care to be a little more specific. It could be that there are very convenient ways to prepare for these things, than again maybe not. goodluck.

dglsb

Im not sure if your looking for someone to condone your behavior or not..you have made a grave error in judgement and now you must live with the consequences of your actions. People must start thinking about the end result before they act. Did you really need that money? was it a matter of life and death? my bet is no it wasnt. maybe you should have asked for our advice before you stole that money..just a thought..get a lawyer and turn yourself in..that is the right thing to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">