• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should jury verdicts always be unanimous?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AKS200

Australia-Sydney

hey all, im new to this site and just wondering about other responses. any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Just Blue

US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

Plus we don't do homework here.

SHORTY LONG

Bay, am I to understand that we do not have to reply to any other Countries
other than the good Ole USA? What about our Immigration Forum?

Just Blue

Bay, am I to understand that we do not have to reply to any other Countries
other than the good Ole USA? What about our Immigration Forum?
Hey Shorty..Yes we only answer US Law here...Unless you know laws for other countries??? huh huh do ya??:p

This particular OP is from Australia and there is some class she/he is trying to get her/his homework done...They are always posting at another law forum I belong to...

well, here in the states, in criminal trials, it is required to be without a shadow of doubt....so it has to be unanimous....all members of the jury must agree.

Just Blue

well, here in the states, in criminal trials, it is required to be without a shadow of doubt....so it has to be unanimous....all members of the jury must agree.
Thats great GB....Now we can be spammed by OP's class mates too!!

SHORTY LONG

Hey Shorty..Yes we only answer US Law here...Unless you know laws for other countries??? huh huh do ya??:p

This particular OP is from Australia and there is some class she/he is trying to get her/his homework done...They are always posting at another law forum I belong to...
Thank you for clearing this up for me Bay Honey.:)

In our Immigration Forum we have many who post for US Immigration Laws, that are outside the USA.

Thank you too Zigner.

outonbail

Not in what is referred to as a "Kangaroo" court. However, to serve on a jury in Kangaroo court in the US, you need first have a jury convict you of a felony, by unanimous findings of guilt. Then you are sentenced, shipped off to prison and shortly thereafter, you may become eligible to participate in a Kangaroo court.

However, in Australia it is probably much easier to find yourself tangled up in a Kangaroo situation than here in the US. Since kangaroo courts are actually illegal, unless maybe you happen have kangaroo DNA running through your veins,,,,,, but I imagine that too is probably more common in Australia. :eek: :p :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">