• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

a sign from above

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tm1

hagerstown, md. - I had a road sign in a bunch of junk I was selling and a policeman saw it and decided I was guilty of theft by possession (I actually bought the sighn at a yardsale about a year previous as a novelty). he filed charges and the bottom line is that the State's Attorney said that they would file a "conditional" nolle pros if I paid for the sign. that is certainly cheaper than a lawyer so I will do it but I want to make sure that it does not cause me to violate my probation I am on for being stupid and getting a DWI. I guess it will show on my record but as long as it doesn't really mean anything except that there is no prosecution that is fine -- or should I just go to trial and plead not-guilty? Thoughts?

Last edited:

Antigone*

hagerstown, md. - I had a road sign in a bunch of junk I was selling and a policeman saw it and decided I was guilty of theft by possession (I actually bought the sighn at a yardsale about a year previous as a novelty). he filed charges and the bottom line is that the State's Attorney said that they would file a "conditional" nolle pros if I paid for the sign. that is certainly cheaper than a lawyer so I will do it but I want to make sure that it does not cause me to violate my probation I am on for being stupid and getting a DWI. I guess it will show on my record but as long as it doesn't really mean anything except that there is no prosecution that is fine. Thoughts?
:p:pGuess you didn't listen to the signs, huh:p:p

You'll need to speak to your probation officer, only they can tell you what will happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">