• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signed a confession under duress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrBlocton336

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Michigan.

Hello everyone. Well here is my case. I'm a 20 year old college student with absolutely no prior criminal history. I was working at a corporation called EB games. At my store we had a horrible Inventory. and a missing deposit, both a occured more than a month before the incident. I took the deposit to the bank. It just didn't show up. The lost prevention people accused me of taking both, I did not do it. I was extremely tired and weak due to working 70-80 hours for the past 3 weeks or so, and going to school. I was threatened with a felony, if I didn't confess. The interviewer said if I did confess I would probably be charged a misdemeanor.I had recently started an internship that was very closely related ot my career choice, while doing well in school. I basically had everything to lose; I was afraid of ruining my life. I was interrogated for 3 hours until I signed a confession stating I was guilty of returning mechendise that wasn't mine for cash. This is an embarassing incident to me because I always kept myself out of trouble. Their evident is receipts for return they say was fraudulent. I made mistakes sometimes and didn't get customer IDs for returns, or let them filled it out. I'm not guilty, but more than justice I am just concerned about returning my life to normal. I was wondering if there any way at all I could get the confession recanted at all? Or should I just accept the misdemeanor and pay the damages?

JETX

MrBlocton336 said:
I was wondering if there any way at all I could get the confession recanted at all?
Depends largely on the specifics leading up to your 'confession'... and what is done with it.

Or should I just accept the misdemeanor and pay the damages?
If you are in fact guilty, pay up. If not, then don't and force them to prove their case. Of course, your confession will be a large part of it.... and you need a GOOD attorney to challenge it.
Your choice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">