• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Silient Webcam Taping My Yard (Legal?)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hammer71

What is the name of your state? IL

Is it legal for me to set up a Silient Webcam in my window and record my yard? My neighbors have been allowing their Kids to play in my yard while I'm at work. I'm tired of coming home to my rock garden pretty much thrown all over the grass. I have to pick all my rocks up every week before I mow. They have also been letting thioer kids play on my patio. I know this because I come home just about every night and their toys are on it. I've asked them so many times to "Stop!'. Should I just bring the Police into it? But what is to stop them from contiueing to do this while I'm at work?

Can I set up a Silient Webcam to tape my yard while I'm at work?

Curt581

Hammer71 said:
Is it legal for me to set up a Silient Webcam in my window and record my yard? My neighbors have been allowing their Kids to play in my yard while I'm at work. I'm tired of coming home to my rock garden pretty much thrown all over the grass. I have to pick all my rocks up every week before I mow. They have also been letting thioer kids play on my patio. I know this because I come home just about every night and their toys are on it. I've asked them so many times to "Stop!'. Should I just bring the Police into it? But what is to stop them from contiueing to do this while I'm at work?

It's probably legal to do, as long as it's not pointed at a neighbor's window.

Seems to me that it's going a little overboard, but... whatever.

HomeGuru

Hammer71 said:
What is the name of your state? IL

Is it legal for me to set up a Silient Webcam in my window and record my yard? My neighbors have been allowing their Kids to play in my yard while I'm at work. I'm tired of coming home to my rock garden pretty much thrown all over the grass. I have to pick all my rocks up every week before I mow. They have also been letting thioer kids play on my patio. I know this because I come home just about every night and their toys are on it. I've asked them so many times to "Stop!'.

**A: who have you asked to "Stop", the kids or their parents? Big difference.

Should I just bring the Police into it? But what is to stop them from contiueing to do this while I'm at work?

**A: have you ever heard of a fence or wall?

racer72

I found a large sign that says No Trespassing, trespassers will be shot on sight to be very effective.

Hammer71

I've asked both of the Parents and the Kids themselves. The Children are ages 4 and 2. Yes, I know they might be young, but I'm sicked and tired of the Parents allowing them to play in my dang yard and messing it up.

I've looked into the cost of installing a fence and it is just too much. The Parents should be stopping their Kids in the first place. I just got home on lunch break and would you believe, there they are right now, playing in my yard. I never come home for Lunch, so I thought I would try and surprise them. I'm recording it right now. Think I'll call a Lawyer in the morning and ask a few Questions.

new owner

Hammer,

What kind of web cam do you use? Are you perpetually hooked up to the internet? I have dial up. I would also like to record my yard because of neighbors threats and harrassment and do not want to spend extra money on surveillance.

carrierdome

MA- You can do it if it your own property. Just cannot record voices unless you get permission, :)

Why don't you have a party on their property. And don't invite them! They should get the hint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">