• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

simple assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amccormack

What is the name of your state? new hampshire
i had gotten into a fight with my brother back in 1996 he was arrested and his wife pressed charges on me i entered a plea of not guilty he did all the hitting i just held him down to protect myself but never hit him so when i entered the not guilty plea they asked if i wanted a trial by judge or jury my attorny said jury i got a date in the mail for a hearing i went but there was no jury i was told this was to decied if there would be a trial i never got a trial by jury and i am finding now that i have a record of simple assault on my record what can i do to fix this i also never received a letter saying i was guilty or a chance to appeal but it shows as my plea of not guilty but a decission of guilty

Last edited:

HomeGuru

amccormack said:
What is the name of your state? new hampshire
i had gotten into a fight with my brother back in 1996 he was arrested and his wife pressed charges on me i entered a plea of not guilty he did all the hitting i just held him down to protect myself but never hit him so when i entered the not guilty plea they asked if i wanted a trial by judge or jury my attorny said jury i got a date in the mail for a hearing i went but there was no jury i was told this was to decied if there would be a trial i never got a trial by jury and i am finding now that i have a record of simple assault on my record what can i do to fix this i also never received a letter saying i was guilty or a chance to appeal but it shows as my plea of not guilty but a decission of guilty
**A: you have not stated the complete and true events that transpired and your post is very confusing. Either go back to the attorney that you had or hire another one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">