• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Simple Assault, Disorderly conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mledford

What is the name of your state? NC. I was arrested about a month ago due to a bar fight. The situation went like this, I saw my friend walking off the dance floor and some guy pointing at him and glaring, I walked over to said friend and said whats going on, he then proceeded to explain the situation. During that time said guy walks over to us and begins to talk trash behind my friend, I then move my friend and told the guy to back off. Said named person then proceeds to get in my face and put his hand in my face, instinct took over and one shot later the guys was knocked out with a bloody nose, at this time his girlfriend calls the Police who rightfully later detain me. I am a United States Marine and have been for over 12 years and praying right now the wrong people dont find out about this. I am to be in Disposition court soon and am just wondering what to expect and if I can plead self defense, I did believe I was going to be hit and just happened to hit him first. Any opinions or facts regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">