• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Simple Assault and Prohibited Offensive Weapons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tachfiend

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My Girlfriend and I are both being charged with Simple Assault and Prohibited Offensive Weapons. To make a long story short, I was driving her car, a man in a truck cut across traffic, I laid on my horn, he stopped the truck, we got out of our vehicles, got into an argument, He began to lean back and raise his arm as if he was going to punch me, I sprayed him with my pepper spray. This caused the man to tackle me into my girlfriend's car, so she got out of the vehicle with a small souvenir miniature baseball bat. A man struck her and took the bat. We left the scene and called 911. Several witnesses were there, I have no clue what they have said. We both have clean records and have not been in trouble with the law before. I called the police station and they informed me that the gentleman is pressing charges on both of us and we would receive a summons in the mail in about a week. I have searched and searched, but I have been unable to find out what kind of penalty these crimes carry. I am getting an attorney to handle the matter. Any help would be appreciated

tachfiend

The charges are
18 2701A1 SIMPLE ASSAULT 1 COUNT
18 908 PROHIBITED OFFENSIVE WEAPON MAKE SELL REPAIR USE POSSESS 1 COUNT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">