• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

simple battery charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dwloetz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana, New orleans
Ok so my ex girlfriend but at the time she was my girlfriend
Well she has a psychotic abusive druggie ex boyfriend who had been harassing her since we got together and he has sent her messages and said things in her voice mail about me and just trying to frighten her in general
I have done nothing but ignored all of it so we go out one night and he is at the bar we are at and i just ignore him but i see him looking at me and pointing me out to his friends and then he approaches me and my exact word were "don't ****ing speak to me" and then he got within an inch of my face so i pushed him and then hit him 3 times in the side of the head, and then i walked out of the bar, he proceeded to call the police when he realized what had happened, i just left the place after speaking to the bouncers. When the police showed up they found my girlfriend and she gave them my number and they told me to come back and then i told them what happened and the story was no different so they gave me a ticket/summons.
This ex of hers has been in jail multiple times for drug charges, fighting, and even two D.U.I.s but as you know about Louisiana that if you have friends in high places you can get out of them which he has because his father is a lawyer and his step father owns a well known grocery business. My lawyer is having trouble digging up this information.
What defense do i have if i cannot find any evidence to back up my claim of his previous harassment and criminal activities? or what defense would you recommend?
Also what will my probable punishment be, if any?

PS i have never been arrested, full time college student with two jobs, basic model productive citizen

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">