• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

simple question needs a simple answer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? IL

Would an email which reads " Don't do anything stupid my friend. All hell could break loose", be considered a personal threat, advice or opinion? The topic heading read " just a piece of advice".

Just wondering. Thanks for your help and time.

HomeGuru

tygersofpantang said:
Anyone?? Give me your interpretation of this messege.

**A: I forwarded your post to the Eagles but have not yet gotten a response. They may be on tour or on vacation.

S

shell007

tygersofpantang said:

Would an email which reads " Don't do anything stupid my friend. All hell could break loose", be considered a personal threat, advice or opinion? The topic heading read " just a piece of advice".

In the literal context of this phrase, my answer is:

Unless your FRIEND is the Devil and has the power to unleash the wraths of Hell...I think your safe.

ENASNI

shellandty said:
In the literal context of this phrase, my answer is:

Unless your FRIEND is the Devil and has the power to unleash the wraths of Hell...I think your safe.

Excellent advice!... Does your friend look like THIS?

My point maybe misunderstood**************.I sent this messege to someone else. Could it be interpreted as a threat? opinion? or advice? If it came to you, how would you view it?

HomeGuru

tygersofpantang said:
My point maybe misunderstood**************.I sent this messege to someone else. Could it be interpreted as a threat? opinion? or advice? If it came to you, how would you view it?

**A: yes, that email could be interpreted as a threat. So you'd better apologize, send money, flowers and candy and beg for forgiveness.

panzertanker

tygersofpantang said:
Is that the ENTIRE email text?

panzertanker

tygersofpantang said:
That is the ENTIRE email. I would view it as advice and/or opinion. What part makes it seen as a threat?
Without any specific statement of retribution/act of violence, I do not see this as a threatening statement.

seniorjudge

tygersofpantang said:

Sounds like juvenile prattling to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">