• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sisters in trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Judy in NE

We live in Nebraska and have 2 daughters. In 1993 Heather got into an auto accident and did not have a drivers license and so she had told the office at the scene that her name was Jolene and she did not have her DL with her. He believed her, and she was issued tickets for the accident was her fault. Jolene was not with her nor did she even know about this until she was arrested for failure to appear. When she went before the judge and tried to explain to him what happened he did not want to hear it and told her that she could take her sister to court to get the money back that he was about to fine her ... that was $400.00. Jolene paid it.

The person that Heather had the accident with hired an attorney and he sent papers to my home looking to sue Jolene for $7,000.00, I called him and explained what had happened and that it was Heather that he wanted and not Jolene I also gave him Heather's address so he may contact her and the officers name for he remembered the accident and after Jolene contacted him he said that she was not the one in the accident who claimed to be Jolene. The attorney said he will contact Heather and that was the last we heard about it until today when Jolene went to get her DL and she was told she cannot until she pays the $7,000.00.

Heather will not assist in this at all, her answer is "arrest me."

What can Jolene do to get this off her record if anything? Thank you in advance.

Judy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">