• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander and Libel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rcalorisian

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Is it legal to post legal documents on the internet (facebook, Myspace) like police reports on someone else?

Mail and post these documents not in there entirety, to make some one look bad and imply who it is if it is? Whited out names, but still implying or saying who it is about?

My brothers ex-wife (divorced 10 years ago) is contacting his girlfriends and ex-husbands and posting on the internet legal documents to cause problems. She has in listed her friends and people people to harass our family. Making facebook and Myspace take off pictures of your Nephews and nieces. Grand kids off my mothers.

We can not prove it to the Police so we can not get a restraining order and will not help.

I know think he needs a lawyer, but what I am asking is "Are these things illegal and how (what would the charges be) and is it worth getting a lawyer at this point.

Thank you for your time.

CdwJava

Is it legal to post legal documents on the internet (facebook, Myspace) like police reports on someone else?
Absent some specific law or court order preventing it, yes, they can be reproduced and posted.

We can not prove it to the Police so we can not get a restraining order and will not help.
Since it is not a crime, I am not surprised they are not involved.

There might be a civil claim here but he will need to consult an attorney to see if the actions fall afoul of any civil torts.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? My brothers ex-wife (divorced 10 years ago) is contacting his girlfriends and ex-husbands and posting on the internet legal documents to cause problems. .....
He has girlfriends AND ex-husbands? Busy guy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">