• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

snitching on my ex-spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

woodywoodman

My ex and I owned a business through a corporation we had formed. She, I believed, illegally let the business go into forfeture to the contract holder, sued me for divorce and today has all the financial benefits of our joint years of employment while I have been left literally homeless and without any assests whatsoever. I have repeatedly asked her to let me examine the records of our business without satisfaction for over a year. My Question; If I were to report her to the IRS and co-operate in their investigation of our tax returns for the last 5 years would it be possible that I could be granted a modicum of immunity from potential prosicution in exchange for my co-operation?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Yes, especially if you had nothing to do with it nor had any knowledge.

But if I were you, I would speak with a Corporate Law attorney prior to going to the I.R.S.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">