• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

So i accidentally walked out of winco with three dollars worth of merchandise. It was

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

knipselli

So i accidentally walked out of winco with three dollars worth of merchandise. It was an honest mistake. I set it on top *my bag and went inside when i reached into my purse. I know it probably looks like i deliberately stole something, i can't fight that. I was brought into a room and told to sign the papers For the civil demand. $203.05. I'm going to pay it. I cannot prove i didn't try to steal it. No police were called. The only thing im worried about is going to court. Would winco really take me to court if i pay their fine for the $3 item? Wouldn't that not be very cost effective for them? Right before i left the security guard asked if i wanted to confess our stick with my story, i said im sticking to my story because that's the truth. I'm now afraid that this is going to blow up out of proportions*

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So i accidentally walked out of winco with three dollars worth of merchandise. It was an honest mistake. I set it on top *my bag and went inside when i reached into my purse. I know it probably looks like i deliberately stole something, i can't fight that. I was brought into a room and told to sign the papers For the civil demand. $203.05. I'm going to pay it. I cannot prove i didn't try to steal it. No police were called. The only thing im worried about is going to court. Would winco really take me to court if i pay their fine for the $3 item? Wouldn't that not be very cost effective for them? Right before i left the security guard asked if i wanted to confess our stick with my story, i said im sticking to my story because that's the truth. I'm now afraid that this is going to blow up out of proportions*
It wouldn't be winco taking you to court. It would be the state if they chose to prosecute.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">