• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Parent in Need

My husbands ex-wife is being investigated for social security fraud. Yes she did do it. She told the government her son lived with her when her husband at the time died therefore receiving social security money for him. He actually lived with his father, my husband during that time. He didnt know why but right before the man died she sued my husband for custody but lost. This is why she wanted custody, to get the money. But she lost and said he did anyway. A rep for the social security administration called my husband to verify that he had proof that his son was in his custody at the time in question. He then said he would call her to see if she would give a full confession. I know he called her because called here making threats. I just dont know what she told him. My question is, what is likely to happen to this woman for receiving this money? She has been receiving it now for 5 1/2 years. We want to be prepared in case we have to make a decision in his son coming back home to live here. Any help would be wonderful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">