• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security Fraud Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ineedananswer

When I was hired at my last job, I was informed that my background check revealed that someone was using my social security number to claim death benefits. I was laid off from that job and am now going through a background check with a new employer. I was told by the recruiter that my background check had not come back yet. Should I be concerned that the information that is on my background about the death benefits being claimed under my ssn# is the reason why my background check is being held up? it has only been 3 days, though. Any sincere responses are welcomed. Does anyone know how I can get this situation cleared up?

BL

When I was hired at my last job, I was informed that my background check revealed that someone was using my social security number to claim death benefits. I was laid off from that job and am now going through a background check with a new employer. I was told by the recruiter that my background check had not come back yet. Should I be concerned that the information that is on my background about the death benefits being claimed under my ssn# is the reason why my background check is being held up? it has only been 3 days, though. Any sincere responses are welcomed. Does anyone know how I can get this situation cleared up?
Post this under :

GOVERNMENT & ADMINISTRATIVE LAW

Social Security and SSI Law

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">