• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sol, forgery, kansas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crklynn

What is the name of your state? Ct, but my question regards the state of Kansas.

What is the SOL for forgery for the State of Kansas. It's this happened in 1996, and they still have a warrant for me. Im in another state where the Probation was transferred, completed successfully here. Paperwork for me to appear in kansas was mailed 'certified' to my old address id moved from 1 yr prior to them mailing, i never rec'd this notice, nor signed for it, and was completed probation. So i wasnt looking for anything else from them. In my mind i was through, so said the state i transferred probation to. now they have a warrant out stating im in violation of probation. Is this possible? I read on this website that sol for forgery is 3 yrs, a class c felony..please help.

ikecvfd2

Sol

The SOL only applies from the day you commit the crime, until you are charged with it. Since you were on probabtion you have obviously already been charged with the crime. Once that occurs, they have no time limit. Once there is a warrant out for your arrest it doesn't go away until it is served.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">