• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

solicitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1986txus

What is the name of your state? NC

Is going to a massage parlor and getting a massage illegal ?

HomeGuru

1986txus said:
What is the name of your state? NC

Is going to a massage parlor and getting a massage illegal ?
**A: of course not. It's the party asking for the extras in the wrong (or right) places, with the hot oil and tips that pose a problem.

1986txus

Is it possibel to be arrested after the fact or does one have to be caught in the act ?

HomeGuru

1986txus said:
Is it possibel to be arrested after the fact or does one have to be caught in the act ?
**A: one can be arrested after the act or fact but just what act are you talking about? A crime may have been committed even if no sex act occured pursuant to the law of solicitation.

Last edited:

1986txus

Just a full body massage but extra for more time..
How much time must pass after the massage before there is no danger of arrest ? I would think that if it is a sting that there would be an undercover cop and the arrest would take place immediately.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Ok. let's get to the nitty gritty. How much was the cost of the standard massage and how much more did you pay for tip (for the extra "full body" services)?

1986txus

First of all, nothing has happened yet. I was only inquiring via phone. They stated rates and the fullbody was $85 for 30 minutes.85 more for another half hour. I assume the full body means hand job. If one pays for that, is it considered solicitation when the place clearly quotes it over the phone. And what if they
see the number that you have called from?

HomeGuru

Wow, those rates are a rip. You better start negotiating for more for less. And one should never inquire over the phone. You need to go down there in person to see the goods. I would hate for you to be paying $85 plus another $85 for a full body from 85 year old Grandma Betty.

dakoto70

?

I was reading your post and just had to put my 2 cents in LOL. I have had full body massages before and not one of them ever lead to anything sexual. Are you looking for it to be? Did someone tell you this place does this kind of thing? Are you just thinking that this is what it is going to be? Just curious as to were you are coming from with your way of thinking?

1986txus

Ok but please answer my question. If say a month or two passes after the act, is one safe ? And what if you name is on file at the place ?

P

pass23431

If simply calling there, and getting rate quotes has got you this stressed out, maybe the massage parlor just isn't for you. Any time that you break the law, any time that you engage in this type of activity, and make an offer of money in exchange for "activities" you run the risk of getting arressted. I would say that if a month or so has gone by, and all you did was call there, that you are safe, sir. However, you need not actually engage in the "activities" merely making the deal is enough to warrant a solicitation charge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">