• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

solicitation of a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nckonecny

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas; i was asked for my age to enter a chat room, i spoke with someone posing as a minor and things got sexual after the influence of the person i was chatting with, then they said "my name is amy boston, i will be your arresting officer for solicitation of a minor, then gave me a case number or something and told me that i will have a warrant for my arrest" this was the first time i ever talked to this person; so would they really tell me i have a warrant online or would they have to do an investigation?

swalsh411

Somebody was messing with you. That's not how the police conduct these investigations.

But don't do it again pervert.

nckonecny

the thing that made me worry is that they had a case number and quoted the section of the law that i had broken

swalsh411

What about my earlier response was in any way unclear? The police do not announce in advance that they are coming to arrest somebody for breaking these kinds of laws. If they did that then people would destroy their computers to get rid of the evidence.

Anybody with even a passing knowledge of the legal system can look up a statute and anybody can come up with a random number. #568268492

Now stay away from kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">